Organized group rides are one of the many great ways to enjoy cycling. Entrance fees for most rides are affordable and benefit honorable causes or charity organizations. Most organized events offer several ride course options for riders of all levels of experience. Course options for different distances from 20 to 100 or greater miles are common at many events. Many Elk Grove Cycling Club members have taken part in prior organized events and have always had a great time. We’ve made new friends, gave each other encouragement and generally enjoyed taking part in a ride with hundreds of like minded individuals. We always finish looking forward to riding in the next event.
Below you will find links to posts about events we recommend. Most of these events take place around the greater Sacramento area. Best of all, these events are another opportunity to ride with other members of the EGCC.
While this page is dedicated to local events and organized group rides, Elk Grove Cycling Club regular weekly group rides can be found on our Meetup page.
- MAY IS BIKE MONTH REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN We have had a lot of fun with May is Bike Month (MIBM) over the past few years. Elk Grove Cycling Club made a great showing against other Sacramento region clubs last year. We also saw some great back and forth competition between EGCC cyclists for the clubs over all number one spot in total ...
- Bike Around the Buttes Bike around the Buttes is coming up again. EGCC riders have done this event in the past and have really enjoyed it. All of the proceeds stay locally and go to directly benefit diabetics in our community.
- 2016 NAHBS This weekend the North American Handmade Bicycle Show took place at the Sacramento Convention Center. I attended the event with some friends. There were a lot of custom creations on hand from a bunch of different builders. We saw carbon, steel, aluminum and titanium. All finely crafted examples of bikes ready tear up the track and the trails. Some bikes looked like they could be your everyday best friend, others were ready for a cross-country long haul, and some, well some, looked more like works of art than something you would ride everyday.
- Foxy’s Fall Century Foxy's Fall Century is a another great event. The ride takes place on backroads outside Davis, CA. The ride is named after the Foxy Grandpa, check out the ride history on the event website to learn more about the Foxy Grandpa. EGCC members who participated in last years ride really enjoyed the event. With three different route options, there are options for riders of different skill levels.
- Giro D’ Vino 2015 Giro D' Vino is a great event that takes place in the Lodi wine region. You'll ride on mainly on country roads through the region with multiple stops at local wineries. Wine tasting is included in the cost of the registration. This isn't a race by any means, it's a causal tour at an easy pace with plenty of stops along the way to taste the wines, eat and chat with friends. It is November so be prepared for changing weather conditions. EGCC members who have participated in this event in the past have always had a great time.